Indian Chicken Curry
This is a traditional Indian Chicken Curry recipe that is passed down to me from my mom.
Indian Chicken Curry can be served with steamed Rice, Bread, Dosa, Roti Jala , Naan
and Chapatti. I would be postng the recipes of the above mentioned accompaniments soon.
Do come back to view these recipes and enjoy.
I would be using mixed spices for this curry.
These spices can be purchased separately from food markets.
If you would like to purchase the pre mixed spices , try Asian orIndian Market.
Here is how the spices look like.
The same spices are used fo all Indian Meat Curries.
All the ingredients I used could be purchased online
This is the exact amout I would use for many of my Meat Curries.
Serving about 6 people, using 1 whole Cut-up Chicken
Time taken to prepare and cook: 1 hour
- 1 whole cut up chicken (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tbsp 3 in 1 paste (look up my 2nd blog for recipe) or ginger/garlic paste
- 1tsp tumeric
- 1tbsp chilli power
- 5 tbsp of chicken curry powder/meat curry powder
- 2 big potatos (Skinned, cut into cubes.Put in a bowl of water and microwave on high for 10 min.)
- 2 big tomatoes (diced)
- 2 green chillis (slit into half and chop into 3 pieces)
- 1 big onion (sliced)
- Mixed Spices (3-4 star anise, 3-4 small pieces of cinnamon sticks, 4 cardamons & 5 cloves)
- 1 stalk of curry leaves
1tbsp of plain yogurt (optional)
1 small cup of chopped cilantro for garnishing
- Wash the cut-up chicken, add all of ingredents A and 1tsp salt . Marinate well and set aside for 10 mins
- In a deep wok or pan, heat oiland add ingredients C. Fry 1 min
- Add all of Ingredient B and fry for another 5 min. (until onions turn brown)
- Add tomato puree and fry for 2 mins (optional)
- Add 5 cups of water , stir well. Close to simmer until chicken and potatos are cooked
- Add yogurt and stir well. Allow to simmer for 2 mins (optional)
- Taste, add more salt if needed and stir.
- Add chopped cilantro to garnish.
- Serve Hot.......... And Enjoy!